Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Decidedly undecided, I guess

I would be lying if I said I had a clue what’s next for me.  I’ve worked in a trade that I hope(d) to be in for life, and now I find myself on the outside looking in and there’s nothing else I can think of that I want to consider doing for the rest of my life.  Time spent in a military setting allows for exposure to a variety of career fields and even provides a snapshot of how a job will shape your life.  It’s not every day you can find a job that suites your dysfunctions, and takes advantage of your strengths so well that you feel uncomfortable and awkward without it, and it’s hard to expect to find that in any number of course descriptions.  Military time also gives you a chance to call a few new places home for a little bit.  As many places as I’ve been and called home, I seem to be drawn back to the environment and atmosphere I grew up in.  Sure it’s nice that you don’t need snow boots or a coat, but one season all year gets old.  It’s nice to live on the beach too, for a week or two a year.  The rest of the time people tracking sand in your house and all the rude tourists get old.  It’s also amazing how much more awesome the beach is when you only see it a few times a year.  I guess I can live anywhere, and I’d like to live everywhere, but I can’t sit still for long.
                Honestly moving forward, I’m undecided and that’s probably going be the case for a little while longer.  I’m still holding out for another chance to do the job I love, if I end up with a degree while I wait I guess I’m fine with it

No comments:

Post a Comment